Monday 21 December 2009

A final look at 1980 Topps Baseball

Here is one final look at the complete set of 1980 Topps before I move onto pastures new. I was given my original 84 cards in 1980 by a school 'friend' they consisted of 19 Red Sox, 21 White Sox,15 Tigers and 1 card from the other teams in the MLB. Although I made a serious decision to complete the set in September 2008. The decision to collect baseball cards, and ultimately the 1980 Topps set, started in October 1980 almost 30 years ago. Here's to patience. Enjoy.
The opening page with cards numbered 1 to 9.

The final page with cards numbered 721 to 726 and the backs of 712 to 720.

5 comments:

Play at the Plate said...

Congrats. That is a nice accomplishment.

Wrigley Wax said...

Nicely done, John!

Jeffrey Wolfe said...

Congratulations! A great set to complete. Well done.

night owl said...

Still awesome. Makes me want to look at my 1980 set right now.

skoormit said...

That right there is a steaming binder of awesome. I hope you derive enjoyment from it for the rest of your days. I can't wait to find out what your next target will be.